Saturday, July 06, 2019

The Story of Izzy. #FosterFailure #1

My phone dings, I look down and note the text message is from one of coworkers with the video above attached.

“You need this cat” the message stated.  

As background my husband and I had been running a nursing home for cats and had just laid the last of the pack to rest.  For the first time in our marriage we had no kids and no pets.  The bed was quite comfy with just the two of us and we had agreed, no more pets.

My answer was short, “No, I don’t”. That put an end to that.  

A few minutes later my phone rings and I note it is the same coworker.  Out of courtesy I answered.

“My Dog is trying to eat the cat!!  You have to help!!”

I inhale to draw strength and give her advice on how to separate the cat from the dog.  That put an end to that.  The phone rings again.  This time my coworker is in tears and states “My husband is going to take the kitten to the shelter!  They will kill it!!  You have to help!”

Ok, ok...  I instructed her to bring the kitten to work and I would bring all of my cat paraphernalia to house the cat and we would find a no kill shelter for the kitten.  That put an end to that.

Long story short, we called every no kill shelter in the tri-state area and all were full.  My coworker is melted into a puddle on the floor distressing over how she is going to care for the cat overnight.  In a desperate attempt to keep her from jumping off the 2nd floor I agreed to take the cat... for the night.  One night!

That was 5 years ago and Izzy the Portable Kitty has traveled with us to more states than some people will see in a lifetime.  His first RV Trip was when he was less than 5 months old and he took to it like water.  

And the lesson learned is don’t answer your phone when a coworker rings.  I hope you enjoy these photos of our sweet Izzy.

Cheryl







No comments:

Post a Comment

Out of the box tips for surviving the week.

Photo by  Jonny Caspari  on  Unsplash So this whole exploration of methodologies for surviving the week has taken on a life of it's...