Sunday, September 20, 2009

Do I have to return the casseroles without eating them?

First, my sincere apologies for stirring up such a hornet's nest yesterday with my blog post. I had NO idea just the first few lines of the entry would show up on Facebook and lead so many to believe that Husband Unit and I were having marital issues. Let me assure you, we are just fine. He is a fiery Italian and I am a stubborn Southern Belle but our marriage is on solid ground.

The e-mails started flying when people saw the post. One of my girlfriends went into her closet and spent the morning praying for us. She was very upset with me as she had errands to run. A very dear friend offered to be available day or night if I needed to talk. Thank goodness my Mother is not on Facebook or she would have dispatched the entire clan on both sides of the family to intervene including Uncle Guido from Italy. That would have been terribly, terribly embarrassing - especially since Husband Unit was in the dark about the whole mess. I finally did confess to him, under duress, and he laughed. I am fondly calling if our Faux Divorce.

The question I have for my gentle readers is... Do I have to return the casseroles in a Faux Divorce? I know you have to return the gifts from your showers if you call off the engagement and you need to write notes to those inconvenienced when a family member passes out in public from too much medicinal drink and someone reports he died but my Belle Manual says nothing about what to do about returning the casseroles if there is a Faux Divorce so I'm keeping them and eating them. I will return the dishes in the prescribed amount of time and offer my sincere thanks for kindness.

By the way, the green bean casserole was yummy!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Out of the box tips for surviving the week.

Photo by  Jonny Caspari  on  Unsplash So this whole exploration of methodologies for surviving the week has taken on a life of it's...