Monday, December 01, 2014

Out of the box tips for surviving the week.

Photo by Jonny Caspari on Unsplash

So this whole exploration of methodologies for surviving the week has taken on a life of it's own and has outgrown Facebook (sorry Marky Z).  It has become a full blown blog post.  Let's recap shall we?

I started this deep philosophical discussion by asking my gentle Facebook readers to help me with motivational tips to get excited about Monday mornings.  The suggestions collected are as follows:
  • My idea was purchasing a new outfit each weekend to wear on Monday.  This idea received several positive nods of approval but, upon reflection, it would adversely affect my retirement savings and increase the years I would need to be motivated.  Darn!
  • One of my girlfriends suggested I spend the night at her house on Sunday night.  She has a rambunctious household filled with family and was assured I would be dying to get out of there come Monday am.  She forgot I have my own rambunctious household including 2 aging and cranky cats so her house actually looks calm.  Idea nixed.
  • Going in late on Mondays held a certain charm.  The practice, however, could result in an early termination of my employment so a bit extreme.  Next...
  • Starting the week on Tuesday was next.  As soon as I complete that time machine I am building in Husband Unit's garage this might become a viable option.
  • Taking Tuesday's off.  That one was from Son Unit and actually holds some promise.  If I can make it through Monday....
  • Another one of my gal pals suggested I wear my Red High Heels everyday.  She forgot I had gone flat before my time.  (Please reference earlier blog posts for background).
  • 2 hour lunch.  Since most of my lunches are with current or potential clients most of them are 2 hours already.  Besides, I am always fighting my weight so encouraging excessive exposure to food not so good.
  • One of my co-workers suggested getting to see her should be motivation enough.  She is a continual source of blog postings if I were brave enough to publish them and we won't even go there.  Love ya J!
  • Retirement!  Now there's an idea.  Unfortunately the person who suggested it did not offer to support me in the style to which I would like to become accustomed.  Poop!
 I am now reviewing the suggestions for Tuesday while I am writing this on Wednesday.   Hang on!  We are going to figure this out.



 Cheryl

PS:  If you haven't figured it out by now, I escaped the McDonald's and the grasp of the farmer's with little to no harm and did not have to be locked in the freezer.  My weather alert was set for the wrong zipcode. 






Out of the box tips for surviving the week.

Photo by  Jonny Caspari  on  Unsplash So this whole exploration of methodologies for surviving the week has taken on a life of it's...