Sunday, August 22, 2010

Practicing for Retirement - August 22nd


Many thanks to all of you who have sent e-mails and called indicating the information being shared during this series is of value to you. I am so glad I have several already mentors who are teaching me the ropes. This is the last day for this session of practicing for retirement. Alas, I have to go back to work and get those financial issues in order now. Quite frankly, I've eaten about all of the early bird specials I can stand and ready for some good home cooking. But, today's activities consisted of:

  • Church followed by breakfast at the local restaurant that offers a Sunday special. Husband Unit splurged on a short stack of pancakes. I will have to counsel him about that as the extra pancake cost of $2! Holy Cow! If he keeps that up he will blow our iced tea budget!
  • Took a Sunday ride in the golf cart around the neighborhood. Husband Unit got embarrassed when I pretended I was a beauty queen and practice my wave. He's just lucky I didn't hide my tiara in the glove compartment.
  • Family dinner tonight. Always a tradition on the last evening we are in residence and the activity I cherish the most. You only have so many hours to spend with your family and we love each and every moment.
Thanks for tuning in. This is the last post for this series but I'll be sure to alert you if I get one more practice session in.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Out of the box tips for surviving the week.

Photo by  Jonny Caspari  on  Unsplash So this whole exploration of methodologies for surviving the week has taken on a life of it's...