Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Practicing for Retirement - August 16th

When I left you at the last post we were headed to Nicola's Restaurant to take advantage of the Early Bird Special. We lost our heads and ordered straight from the menu but Husband Unit and I each brought half of our meal home for dinner the next evening. So, if you divide 4 meals into $30 that is less than $8 per person!!! I understand the target price per meal per person for Sr. Citizens is $10. We beat that by $2 which meant I could splurge on a glass of wine (house brand to save money). Other activities I practiced yesterday included:

  • Watching a movie on Encore instead of renting one,
  • Wearing socks with my sandals,
  • Driving the golf cart around the neighborhood AND,
  • Borrowing a book from the neighborhood library instead of driving to the community library - saving gas.
By my estimation, I am WAY ahead for the week and can afford iced tea with my meals through September at least.

OH!! Did I mention we fed 5 people breakfast for $23 by ordering the sampler platter and splitting it? McDonald's also has 49 cent hamburgers one day a week.

Stick with me kiddos. I'll have you trained so good you can retire at 40.

Until tomorrow....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Out of the box tips for surviving the week.

Photo by  Jonny Caspari  on  Unsplash So this whole exploration of methodologies for surviving the week has taken on a life of it's...