Monday, August 16, 2010

Practicing for Retirement August 12th - 15th

I realize I have several years left before I can retire but, in my opinion, one can never start too early with saving to finance your retirement years and, equally as important, one must practice retirement activities often so they will good at it when the day comes. There is a plethora of information on the financial issues of retirement but none that I can tell on the very important tasks that must be mastered to be a successful retiree. I am sharing my personal experiences here to help those younger than me plan accordingly. Please stop back often to get an update.

Thursday evening August 12th - Dinner at the Piccadilly with Husband Unit. Got the $4.99 special which includes entree and 3 vegetables and a choice of cornbread (stick or jalapeno) or roll. Tea is $2 extra and we splurged.

Friday August 13th - Grabbed cheap fare to Florida to visit the family. Had to leave at dark thirty and spend 6 hours traveling because of connections and layovers (non-stop gets there in 1 hour) but we saved $238!! Woo hoo!! We can afford tea at the Piccadilly several more times now!!

Saturday August 14th - Driving my father-in-laws honking big Mercury Marquis around town. The car gets there 30 minutes before I do the hood is so long. I have also backed out in front of 2 people in the parking lot which is also a required driving skill.

Sunday August 15th - Took the day off. This practicing is wearing me out!!!

Monday August 16th -- Headed to Nicola's for the early bird special. You get a big plate of spaghetti, rolls and a salad for $6. We are going to splurge and get tea since we saved so much on airfare.

Stay tuned for tomorrow's post...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Out of the box tips for surviving the week.

Photo by  Jonny Caspari  on  Unsplash So this whole exploration of methodologies for surviving the week has taken on a life of it's...